Saturday, August 11, 2012

Make: A Fucking Sandwich

Whilst perusing through the recipes on goop, I discovered this most decadent looking morsel. It is apparently what Gwyneth calls a "sandwich." Doesn't it look delish? 



To make this treat, one should have their personal chef take two slices of bread, (Gwyneth suggests sprouted grain but I think we all know she loves nothing more than white bread. Hi Chris Martin.) smear on a layer of nut-based butter (such as almond or, I don't know...peanut?), then add another layer of a fruit-based jam or jelly (my dear family friends the Welch's make the most exquisite grape preserves), and voila! Editors note: After conversing with several top-name celebrity chefs regarding this recipe, it was suggested that one could potentially swap out the jam for a marshmallow based condiment known as "fluffernutter," which I can only assume is a Swedish import.
An incredibly inventive recipe, right? I will definitely be using this one at my next dinner party! They would make an excellent main course for a luncheon or cut them in quarters as Gwyneth suggests and serve them as an apéritif at your next black-tie function. No doubt you'll have everyone talking the next day!

If you try this recipe out, let me know what you think in the comments! I am currently doing a detox and can't consume solid foods for the next 3 days/ever so I'll need to know if this recipe is as exotic tasting as it sounds before serving to guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment